How It Works
It's simple. You can complete your submission in just 10 minutes!
1. You should already know yoga - self-taught or otherwise. (If you need online yoga video tutorials we will be offering them soon.)
From where you have learned is irrelevant. There is no aristocracy in yoga. However, if you wish to learn yoga from us, we will be introducing online videos soon. To stay updated, become a FREE member here.
* Possess decent ability in the yoga postures, breathing techniques, or meditations you wish to get certified.
Quality is important, not the number of years you’ve practiced or hours you’ve taught.
* Make simple video recording on your smart phone of you demonstrating your yoga skills.
We must see your skills with our own eyes.
* Upload your video directly to our secure and private dropbox
We will never share your video.
* Fill our questionnaire.
We’d like to know more about you!
* Accept our Oath of Yoga Instructors.
For purposes of best practices, every applicant must agree to this noble oath.
* Some other requirements according to the type of certification you need: standard, holistic, school, or studio.
2. Create a simple video with your smartphone. Video record your yoga postures, breathing exercises, meditations etc. (You can get a friend to take the video for you) If you are only doing asanas, you can send us pics if you prefer. Each asana should have 4 pics of you: from front, back, left, and right sides.
* Your video /pics do not have to be 'professional' looking. You don't need a backdrop or any fancy looking stuff. You can make the video in your bedroom or garden or anywhere you have space. Wearing yoga pants or other appropriate fitness clothing top and bottom is required. Thank you
* Send your video securely via Whatsapp to our number: +1 281-965-0857. Or you can upload your video / pics directly to our private dropbox
* Fill the appropriate application form
* Our world class experts assess your skills - compassionately.
* 100% no risk refund guarantee if we cannot certify your skills.
YOUR BODY TYPE & SKILLS
You do NOT have to be a great yoga expert like Baba Ramdeva
You do NOT have to be a spectacular gymnast or have a glamorous body. Any body shape or age is acceptable.
Yoga is not about how far you can bend or twist but HOW you bend or twist. It's not about how good you look but more about how good you feel. Some of yoga's greatest where physically challenged or plump looking. Please feel free to use props such as blocks and blankets to assist you if you require. We do not demand that your techniques be 'perfect.' However they should be decent! Learn more
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO
Please follow the 9 simple steps below to submit a video of yourself performing the yoga skills for which you require yoga teacher certification.
- Yoga postures should be held comfortably for a minimum of 30 seconds. Postures that require strength such as mayurasana (Peacock pose) should be held for at least 15 seconds.
- Breathing techniques should be performed for a total of 3 minutes.
- Meditations should be spoken aloud with eyes closed for 5 minutes.
- All other yoga techniques such as flow and movement should be performed for at least 5 minutes. If you are unsure please feel free to contact us.
- The total length of your video should be between 3 - 10 minutes.
- Show yourself stating your full name and the names of the asanas, pranayamas, meditations, etc. that you are performing.
- Show yourself performing them.
- Show your vegetarian/vegan kitchen and food at your home, personal growth books, etc. if applying for holistic certification.
- Show two people stating their own names and that the answers in your questionnaire are true.
- Before making the video, please check you know the right name for the posture(s) etc. you are demonstrating. Take a look at various yoga postures and their names here.
- You can use any digital camera or smartphone to record your video.
- Your video should be between 5-30 minutes long. The length depends on what you need certification for and how many different postures etc. you present. For instance, if it is for a Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskara) routine and nothing else, 5 minutes should be sufficient. If it is for certification of a longer list of asanas, pranayamas, and meditations etc, you will need to demonstrate each practice. You can even demonstrate your entire Ashtanga, Hatha, Pranayama, Kundalini, Meditation, Chanting, Bhakti or any other yoga routine. Scientific studies have shown that focused practice of any of these forms of yoga lead to better health and peace of mind. These videos might take you a little longer, especially if you include a commentary, description, or explanation. These commentaries would be very nice if included, but they are NOT compulsory.
- If you would like to send us a video of you teaching a student(s) that is fine. Please make sure you get your student’s spoken permission in the video to release the video to us.
- Most people make their video recording in just 4-5 minutes. It's very easy and simple to do. The questionnaire takes only 3-4 minutes. In all, you can complete your submission within 10 minutes!
- At the start of the video, please STATE YOUR FULL NAME exactly as stated on your Questionnaire. This is very important because we need to match your name on the video to the one on your questionnaire.
- During the video, please STATE THE NAME OF THE POSTURE(S) etc. you are about to perform. If you are not sure of the names please check them here. They must match with the postures you selected in your questionnaire. Take a look at various yoga postures and their names here.
- You MUST perform ALL the asanas, pranayamas, meditations etc. that you selected in the Questionnaire. Keep a printed list beside you so that you don’t forget to demonstrate anything. (You can also get certified for just ONE skill.)
- You can use supports, blocks, blankets, and towels such as those suggested by BKS Iyengar.
- If you require holistic yoga teacher certification which requires you practice a yoga friendly vegan or vegetarian life style, your video should show us your vegetarian or vegan kitchen/pantry. Try to show as much evidence as you can that you have purchased and practiced for AT LEAST ONE YEAR a vegetarian or vegan, or non-onion and non-garlic diet, or non-alcoholic beverages and non-tobacco lifestyle – and intend to continue it on a permanent basis.
- At the end of the video you MUST show at least TWO other people vouching for you. Both people should say on the video that everything you say about yourself in your questionnaire is true. They should say something like this: “Hi! My name is so and so. I know Jane Doe. Everything she says about herself in the questionnaire is true.”
- If you have anyone else in your video, such as students, you must also get all of them to state in the video something like this: “I give permission to you to release this video of me to RightYoga.”
If you have any questions, please contact us.
OUR 100% REFUND GUARANTEE
Our aim is to ensure the integrity of the online yoga certification process. If for any reason, we are unable to certify your skills, you will be given feedback and will be able to modify your technique and then re-apply without having to make another payment.
If we are still unable to award our certification you can retry or get a 100% refund. Guaranteed!
BRAND NAMES AND FRANCHISES
RightYoga currently does not award yoga instructor certification for brand names or sequences such as Bikram or Vinyasa Yoga.But we can still certify your skills. RightYoga can award you certification for any specific yoga posture, breathing technique, meditation, or other technique.For example, Bikram yoga etc. consists of a string of ancient yoga postures, each of which we DO certify generically.
Get world class yoga teacher certification through RightYoga's expert team of board certified medical professionals and yoga experts!
Choose the type of certification you need and compare requirements here